Monday, October 4, 2010

Memories of Design



 From Babble.com

Objects affect the lives of people every day whether it’s for the purposes of listening to a person’s favorite band from an IPod or a rush of excitement from a Porsche 911, these objects become part of who we are. Looking into my past one of the many objects that may have given me my first positive memory on the basis of design would have to be Legos. Now Legos are seen as very primitive in design when looking at it alone, but when worked together it then becomes something to marvel at for minutes and at times days. It has a vast array of color and is smooth to the touch on the sides of the piece but rough on the top and the bottom. This object appealed to me as a little kid because of the many designs one can come up with using very basic shapes of a multi-color square/rectangle block and create something complex and fun.  There was no one set of design like some toys or objects out there where it was fixed into place. With Legosmy imagination became limitless. One day I would be designing a house where I would pretend I was living in and other times would create a new setting or thing a coming from these blocks.
As I look back and compare that to the type of major I want to come out of Davis with, which is Interior Architecture/ Landscape Architecture, part of the reason as to why I may have chosen to be in this field was because of Legos. It helped my creativity directed me to somewhat have a huge interest in design.

No comments:

Post a Comment