Monday, October 11, 2010

LDA 21 Poster Design



Last Week or so, in my landscape architecture graphics class, our instructor Steve Mcniel gave the class a project in which we were to create some sort of landscape architecture firm and make a sort of logo/billboard that represented the company and what it stood for. The intent of my make believe firm named “Connect Designs” was a company that focused on lessening the ecological footprint on the environment. Thus, Connect Design idea  was to establish the forward-thinking concept of sustainability in our landscape planning and business.
Remember the saying a picture can tell one thousand words? Well I wanted something that did just that, while creating something simple, yet clean. There were several conceptual concepts that I had to go through, but I finally decided on that was closest to my expectations. Of course just like many designers/artist, I found inspiration of this logo from without from three iconic of the new Golden State Warriors logo, clothing brand LRG and the Ying and Yang symbol. The idea of my logo was having nature/environment on one side, and the urban city environment (where people live) on the other creating that Ying and Yang type feel to it since people sometimes associate urban development as being opposites to the environment. Which then brings me to the color scheme of violet and yellow which in basic color theory is you guessed it opposites, although opposites these two colors work very well together in my opinion. In the middle of the logo is an image of a parent and a child holding hands which is symbolic because what the firm is trying to do is to bring two both worlds into one . Finally, the whole arrow loop thing has two meanings, which is one to symbolize the first letter of the firm Connect and secondly to resemble a closed loop and containing.
The whole image was then done on a 18x 24 inch poster board to be presented in our class. I’m not sure if this works well, so any critique both negative and positive are more than welcome.

No comments:

Post a Comment